Aims and Ethos
Our vision, ‘Excellence for All’, drives our determination to furnish children with an outstanding education regardless of gender, race, religion, culture or ability.
At Harris Primary Academy Purley Way our vision is underpinned by our aim: to work tirelessly to provide a fun, thought provoking and relevant curriculum which inspires curiosity and evokes critical thinking. Our core goal is to not only meet the individual needs and abilities of every child but to provide learning experiences and cross curricular opportunities to allow children to exceed expectations. We cultivate an ethos that demands commitment and excellence from pupils, teachers, parents, governors; the whole academy community.
To ensure we empower all children to become informed, compassionate, global citizens Harris Primary Academy Purley Way is committed to:
- Ensuring a safe and tolerant environment which promotes equality
- Providing a rich and creative curriculum which nurtures and promotes a love of learning. We want children to be inquisitive, motivated and ambitious learners while at school and beyond. This starts with a strong and secure base in English, Maths and the wider school curriculum.
- Equipping all pupils with the learning habits and self-confidence necessary to constructively influence their own lives
- Promote creativity and independence so that they are more able to explore and discover things for themselves
- Allowing time and space for reflection and consideration of ideas, concepts and beliefs
- Fostering and supporting high levels of parental engagement
- Providing opportunities which support and promote physical and mental health
- Encouraging pupils to take a pride in their achievements and appreciate the value of hard work
- Encouraging pupils and staff to have the confidence to grasp opportunities afforded by new technologies
- Nurturing pupil diversity by recognising and celebrating individual talents in a wide range of fields, including academic, music, sport, art and drama
- Developing an awareness of our place within the local community, within London and the world
- Developing values and opinions within the context of mutual respect and understanding of differing belief systems and cultures within our community and the wider world
- Being a place that every child remembers with affection
Our Academy values form the foundations that allow our community to unite in our mission to achieve our vision ‘Excellence for All’. Harris Primary Academy Purley Way’s values use the acronym ‘REACH’ to remind children and the wider community to strive to be the best that they can be. We celebrate all individuals from our community who demonstrate our values on an hourly, daily and weekly basis.