FOI, Privacy Notice, Complaints & Charging Policy
Our full charging and remissions policy can be found further down the page, in summary;
Harris Primary Academy Purley Way provides a free education for boys and girls of all abilities. However, the Governors of the Academy reserve the right to charge in the following circumstances:
- Where a parent wishes a child to learn a musical instrument.
- When a request is made for accreditation in a subject that is not a normal part of the student’s Academy programme; when a request is made for a different form of accreditation to that advised by the Academy; when a student is entered for an examination but fails to sit it, unless the reason is acceptable to the Head of Academy and Chair of Governors;
- Where a trip is proposed which is not a compulsory part of the curriculum, parents will be invited to make a contribution to cover the costs involved. This will be on the understanding that if there is insufficient support the proposed trip will not take place.
- Cost of ingredients or materials for practical subjects, where parents have indicated in advance, a wish to own the finished product.
Our full complaints policy can be found further down the page, in summary;
If you are unhappy or have concerns about the academy or a person associated with the academy then you may wish to make a complaint, in the first instance complaints should be addressed to the Head of Academy, Jane Robinson at the Academy
Please contact her PA
Telephone: 020 3872 1970
If your complaint is about the Head of Academy then contact the chair of Governors via the clerk to Governors
Telephone: 020 8253 7777
PRIVACY NOTICE for the school workforce employed or otherwise engaged to work at a Harris Federation school
Privacy Notice - Data Protection Act 1998
The Harris Federation are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act.
Personal data is held by the schools about those employed or otherwise engaged to work at the schools. This is to assist in the smooth running of the schools and/or enable individuals to be paid. This personal data includes some or all of the following: identifiers such as name and National Insurance Number; characteristics such as ethnic group; employment contract and remuneration details; post “A” level qualifications; and absence information.
The collection of this information will benefit both national and local users by:
• improving the management of school workforce data across the sector;
• enabling a comprehensive picture of the workforce and how it is deployed to be built up;
• informing the development of recruitment and retention policies;
• allowing better financial modeling and planning;
• enabling ethnicity and disability monitoring;
• supporting the work of the School Teacher Review Board and the School Support Staff Negotiating Body.
We are required to pass on some of this data to the Department for Education (DfE)
If you require more information about how the DfE store and use this data please go to the following website:
• If you are unable to access this website, please contact the Harris Federation or the DfE as follows:
Harris Federation of South London Schools
4th Floor, Norfolk House
Tel: 0208 253 7777
Public Communications Unit
Department for Education
Great Smith Street
Telephone: 0370 000 2288
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school, Harris Federation or the DfE without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to.
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives the public right of access to information produced in the course of the Federation’s work.
There are exemptions to this right. In particular, data about living, identifiable people ('personal data') continues to be covered by the Data Protection Act and is not generally publicly available except to the "subject" of the data - that is, the person whom the data is about.
Under the Freedom of Information Act, the Harris Federation of South London Schools has developed a Publication Scheme which lists all the documents which the Federation will make public as a matter of routine.
If the information you are looking for is not available on our Publication Scheme which can be found further down the page, you can make a request for the information you require in writing, please make sure you read our charging policy for information about cost you may be liable for.
Sir Dan Moynihan
Chief Executive Officer
The Academy is part of the Harris Federation for which the Funding Agreement may be seen here. The Academies own Supplementary Agreement can be found below.