As we are a new Academy, we do not currently have any results to share, however, when they do become available you will be able to view the Performances Tables by clicking https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/school/140395 and you will also be able to compare the Academy to other schools by clicking https://www.education.gov.uk/schools/performance
DfE performance measures for multi-academy trusts
Harris success at primary and secondary
The Department for Education has published new data about how different schools are performing at Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 4. This includes an analysis of multi-academy trusts (MATs).
The data is based on the performance of schools in 2016 SATs and GCSEs and all multi-academy trusts (MATs) with more than three schools open for at least three years have been included.
Harris academies performed exceptionally well, building on our strong results in previous years. The DfE’s key findings in relation to the Harris Federation are set out below.
Key Stage 2 (KS2)
- We were one of 95 MATs included by the DfE.
- 10 Harris primary academies were included in the data – all those which were in their third academic year or more by 2015/16.
There are three performance measures: our children’s progress in Reading, Writing and Maths.
- In Reading, the score across our group was 2.5. This was the sixth highest score of the 95 MATs included.
- In Writing, our score was 3.6, the fourth highest score.
- And in Maths, our score of 3.3 was also the fourth highest score.
- The DfE consider us to be performing ‘significantly above average’ in all three measures. The Harris Federation is one of only 6 out of 95 MATs to have achieved this.
Key Stage 4 (KS4)
- We were one of 47 MATs to be included in the DfE’s analysis.
- 16 Harris secondary academies were included in the data – as with primary, only schools open for three years or more by 2015/16 were factored in.
- The Progress 8 score across the 16 Harris academies was +0.42. This was the third highest score of any MAT, with the groups featuring first and second running five academies and three academies each.
- It is worth noting that because schools have not been included if they were less than three years old last summer, Harris Academy Battersea has not been factored in to the DfE’s analysis. At 1.14, its Progress 8 was the highest of any Harris academy. Its success has been noted by the Evening Standard and Guardian among others.
- The DfE consider our Progress 8 score to be ‘significantly above average’ – we are one of just 11 MATs to achieve this.
Although we currently have only one year group at Harris Primary Academy Purley Way, it is fantastic to be part of a federation where standards and expectations are so high. As the school grows and our pupils progress, we are looking forward to supporting them similarly to achieve their very best.